About Bhavishya Badri Temple
Bhavishya Badri is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu and the fourth temple complex of Panch Badri. This temple is located at a distance of 17 km from Joshimath in Subhain village at an altitude of 2744 meters. The temple is situated above the Dhauliganga River, ahead of Tapovan, in the middle of a dense forest, and requires a trek of about 3 km from the motor road. The idol in this temple is Lord Vishnu in his Narasimha form, the fourth incarnation of the Hindu god Vishnu.
According to the prophecy, this temple will be the Badrinath in the future. As per the name itself, Bhabisya Badri means ‘Future Badri’, which means it will be the future abode of Lord Badri. The distance between Badrinath to Bhavishya Badri is 62.5 km.
|Distance||17 km from Joshimath in Subhain village|
|Best Time To Visit||May to June and September to October|
|Darshan Timing||5 AM to 12 PM
2 PM to 9 PM
|Dress Code||Traditional Wear|
|Festival||Krishna Janmashtmi, Makar Sankranti|
History Of Bhavishya Badri Temple
- According to history, the bhavishya badri prophecy was made when Shri Adi Shankaracharya took out Badri Vishal from Tapa Kund.
- According to Prophecy, when evil spreads all over the world, the Nar and Narayan mountains will be blocked and Badrinath will be inaccessible.
- After that, Badrinath will be shifted to Bhavishyabadri and Lord Badri will reside in Bhavishya Badri. Since then he will be worshiped at this place.
Significance of Bhavishya Badri Temple
According to Prophecy, at the end of Kali Yuga when evil spreads all over the world, the Nar and Narayan mountains will be blocked and Badrinath will be inaccessible. Then badri temple bhavishya will be the future Badrinath.
The temple has an idol of Lord Vishnu in his Narasimha form carrying a sword, which is the 4th incarnation of Lord Vishnu with the head of a lion. The arm of the idol carrying that sword is getting thinner year by year and this arm will break in Kaliyuga.
Where Is Bhavishya Badri Situated
- It is situated in Subain village about 17 km east of Joshimath towards Lata.
- It is ahead of Tapovan over river Dhauliganga and you have to trek about 3 km to reach the temple and is situated in a dense forest.
Festival Celebrated In Bhavishya Badri
The festival celebrated in Bhavoshya Badri Temple are:
- Krishna Janmashtami: Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated as the birth of Lord Krishna. The god Krishna is considered the eighth avatar of the god Vishnu.
- Makar Sankranti: This festival is dedicated to god Surya and every year it is celebrated in the month of January.
Best Time To Visit Bhavishya Badri Temple
The best time to visit this temple is between the months of May to June and September to October. The weather will be pleasant and you will enjoy the surroundings sceneries. As the rainy season starts from June to September so at that time the chances of land sliding increase.
How To Reach Bhavishya Badri Temple?
BY AIR: The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun. Bhabisya Badri Mandir is 268 km from Jolly Grant in Dehradun. You can take a taxi to Saldhar or a bus to Joshimath from Rishikesh.
By TRAIN: The nearest train station is Rishikesh and Haridwar.
BY ROAD: From Joshimath, you can take a taxi to Saldhar the distance between Joshimath to bhavishya badri is 19 km, and then you have to trek 6 km toward the temple.